Old 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
wow. quite a haul. that will keep you busy for awhile. would love to visit you @manicmike, and would love to watch the australian open. we're a family of tennis nuts (although we don't play a lot and we're not good) but tennis is in our blood. darn - i see your signature, how many machines you got now ???
I'm going to the open on Monday, actually. We go to the Open every year. Seen some really great tennis.
Not sure how many, but it's probably too many. My database says 23 but there are at least four more in the dark corners of the shed. Trying to get rid of my new ones, except the Bernina and possibly the Pfaff. I'd been wanting to buy a Bernina Record for a while now, and it looks like the machine donors have robbed me of this desire (I'm not complaining). I'll probably clean her and the Pfaff up on Sunday.
The other four are done, as much as I could anyway, and I'm selling some of them very cheaply. Mostly because I promised the ladies they would be used again. The 306 needs a bobbin case to become functional again, and singerlight bits (metal reflector and lens) to become whole again.
Spent Wednesday night and all of Thursday on cleaning. Took a 30 minute break to deliver the Singer 287 (sold it for $35, it's replacing a Janome - hooray!).
Stars must have been correctly aligned on Wednesday. It's a wonderful feeling to make these great things functional and beautiful again.