View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
zozee

I'm so sorry. I can feel your sadness and some anger, too, and it's understandable. You put hours and hours and hours and HOURS into that many squares. I'd be in tears, too, if someone (albeit well-meaning) "dismantled" mine to make it "better"! I even had a QUILT TEACHER tell me I put 2 wrong blocks in my sampler quilt after she had clearly said, "Make 20 of xyz, and the other 5 will be your choice." So when she told me they were "the wrong blocks," I respectfully stood my ground and said, "They're not wrong. They're my choices, and you've always said 'your quilt, your choices." But still I wanted to cry (and throw something) but I didn't.

All that to say, at the very least, you've learned a lot more about quilting than you may have wanted to for the first time! LOL. Listen to others, but trust your instincts. Even what people say on here, take with a grain of salt . You'll grow in confidence by sticking to what pleases you and not what others say is "right" or "better."

Don't worry; it will all work out. It really well. If you're still upset now, put it aside, start something that lifts your spirits, forgive your aunt, and move on. If you're okay to pick it up again right now, snap some photos, give us a chance to offer SUGGESTIONS ONLY! Ultimately, quilting should be a joy. When it's not, do something else.