Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In tears about my first quilt >

In tears about my first quilt

In tears about my first quilt

Old 01-14-2014, 05:21 AM

Another Good Spot to Look at are the Books at your Local Library.. I have 2 libraries near where I live that have been Gifted with Quilt books So they have Quite a Selection... Check Your Library or contact a local quilt group - I am sure a couple of the ladies would be glad to help you... My neighbor used to lay out her quilts on the tables in our Church Fellowship Hall...she would lay them out on a Sheet and pin then with small Safety Pins when she got the lay out just the way she wanted... Then would take them off 1 row at a time and sew it then pin the Row back in place on the sheet til she was all done connecting the Squares then sew the Rows together.. Hope this helps...
Old 01-14-2014, 05:40 AM

I will go with the rest of the ladies here. put it away, or start something with bigger pieces. and get it done. come here. lots of advice. fly-beautiful quilts. good tut for a newbie.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:15 AM

DON'T LET THIS DISCOURAGE YOU! We have all dealt with some kind of frustration in our quilting journey, don't let this stop you. One of my favorite quilts is just 2 inch squares quilted criss cross on each square creating a lattice. The one thing I would say is whether you decide to continue on the one you started or do a new project, jump right in and get started. If you let this set back delay you it maybe harder to get started again. Welcome to the Board!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
Personally I think I'd probably just put it away and start something else. You can go back to it and fix it your way after you have a bit more experience.
I agree with Scissor Queen. A little more experience will give you confidence to tackle this one again. Someone once gave me good advice...(not quilt related) She said "sleep on it...things will look better in the morning"
Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 AM

Is it possible to come up with your own artistic design for this project. You don't have to follow a previous design if you can't find one. Let your creative juices flow and come up with an original design. I agree that you may have to put this project on hold for awhile. Maybe with time you will have a moment of inspiration.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

I think if it were mine I would take all of them apart. If they are all the same size just sew them back together. If they are all different sizes then I would trim them all the same sizes and sew them together in some sort of pattern.
There are lots of instructions on the internet for all kinds of patterns.

Welcome to this wonderful board, lots of knowledgeable people here.