Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Cecilia S.

Originally Posted by ZeldaWilder View Post
I was recently given a Phoenix 283 by my grandmother. She hadn't used it in years and it was full of lint, so I took it apart a bit to clean it and somehow in the process I screwed up the tension knob. Does anyone have any idea how it's supposed to look/be put together? I keep trying different things but the top tension stays way too tight, even if I have the knob unscrewed so far that it's about to come off.
Dear Zelda,

Please do post a photo!

If you do a search here in the conversations for Anker Phoenix 429, you will find a thread started by me when I joined a few months ago, with my Anker Phoenix machine. It is a bit different than yours, but I did a fairly extensive cleaning - it was my first Real Tinker! I have detailed photos of my tension assembly. I am not saying it will be the same as yours - but there is good info in that post, because as I recall, Miriam (who is a WIZARD, by the way) was very helpful and she chimed in with great info.

Welcome here, and I hope to hear a lot about your machine as you make friends with it!

-Cecilia