View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM
frustratedquilter40

I bought one in Aug of 2013 I previously had a Pfaff Tiptronic 2030 but the motherboard went and there are no replacement for it. I definately can tell you I do not love my Janome 8900 if I could take it back and get my money back I would. I notice that it is a princess if everything is not perfect it acts up so touchy skips stitches alot if I do not change the needle often in my old machine I could use a needle alot longer never any issues with skipping stitches. And yes I have the right needle for my fabric just pieceing if it has to go over an are a little thicker spot like in paper piecing it bogges down and skips stitches. Have noticed it is worse with the 1/4 walking foot with guide so no longer use it but still have issues. Thread likes to ball up at the beginning and when winding the bobbins some times they are nicely wound other times are loose this machine is so finicky. Also not impressed with the drop in bobbin makes a lot of noise and does bounce around a little and these are the bobbins that they were selling at the sewing machine sellers. Was purchased from Montaville Sewing in Oregon. I may sell mine having it serviced now. But all the machines seem so plastic and cheap even though thry have a high sticker price. I got a great deal but I do not think it compares to my old Pfaff all metal machine.

Last edited by frustratedquilter40; 01-17-2014 at 07:35 PM.