View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Jim

Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
I too have a question about useing sheets. I have a sheet that the package say's is it 108x102 but I'm hoping that somebody can tall me if the 102 is on the top and botton or the side. It is new in the packings and If will not work i need to be able to take it back.

It honestly doesn't matter unless you are doing a quilt with those measurements...you can after all turn the sheet and use the desired length. Using the Walmart 200 thread count sheet is a good alternative because it's a good medium thread count, the higher thread counts start to get too dense to quilt. It may have mattered years ago about not using sheets but, with the progression of time and advancements in the process of making the fabrics used in the sheets they are good to use..

I use sheets 99% of the time and have even used them on the tops when I need large amounts of a certain color. It's a great alternative to spending large amounts of money versus smaller amounts and being economical. Right now twin flats are about 5 bucks, that is 66 x 96...thats almost 2 yds x 2 - 2/3 yds...and when fabric is on sale for $4 a yard (with coupons or sales)that amount of fabric would be $20 plus bucks.

Last edited by Jim; 01-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.