View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Jitterbug

Default Waving hello from Georgia

Long,long time lurker and finally decided enough of that! so I joined today. I have read this board for years, and while I quilt,my health kicks it into the corner and keeps it there too much, I am constantly reading and enjoying the many quilts/posts here. To tell the truth, this board has helped me stay focused on not giving into giving up so many days. So, thank you all for that. I grew up in the era of quilters gathering around to quilt on big frames that came down on high ceilings and the ladies would gather around to the quilting.The cotton batting had the seeds in it. My job at that very early age was to sit under the quilt to pick up the lost needles(now knowing it was to keep me out of the way, out of sight out of mind LOL) I truly didn't start quilting until the 90's while living overseas(hand quilting) I now have to quilt a style of my own hybrid stitch due to my wrist having to be reconstructed due to serious injury. Trust me, my mistakes are now even more perfectly there. However, who cares... they are perfect mistakes made with perfect love as all quilts are made. Right? I do have a JukiTL98Q but have only given into paralizing fear of machine quilting,and have not yet tried quilting with it. Yeah, I know...sigh, it is amazing what we can fear in our minds.Anywhooo, sorry this is rambling, and long. Hello again, and thanks to you all.