View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
cjr

I'm working on a second one I call bars & stripes. It's a Bonnie Hunter inspiration. Very easy and fast. I used up a stack of 2 1/2 in wide strips, intersperced with the same 2 1/2" sq of fabric through out. How i did it -- I did not use any strips (bars) longer then 6", my choice. you can use any length you like. Mine are very mixed up in sizes, all left overs from previous quilts. The speed secret, I made sure all of the strips and blocks were exactly 2.5 " wide. Sewed together end to end till I had 90".(Whatever length you want works) Cut a sheet into 1.5" strips. I used a sheet that was left over from another project. It did not twist, fray or stretch. After you sew your 2.5 pieces and have all your long strips made begin sewing the long blocks to to the strips lengthwise. The only squaring up I did was before sewing. I only pressed twice, long strip blocks, then after finished. The stripes going vertically instead of horizontally(spelling sorry) as most do the mile a minute. I used a solid color between my blocks; I like the seperation it gives, I do not like mashed up prints. If you use jelly rolls you could it in 3 or 4 times to spread out each color. This was a very fun quilt for me to do.

Good luck and be sure to let us know what you decide to do