View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 PM
dglvr

Originally Posted by Prism99
All that means is that the binding fabric is to be cut on the bias rather than straight-of-grain. The only reasons to cut binding on the bias for a table runner are if: (1) the runner has curves, say at the corners, and/or (2) the binding is a striped fabric, to get the stripes running at an angle.

To cut a bias binding, you typically fold the fabric on the bias and then cut strips, making sure your ruler is 90 degrees to the fold (to prevent bends).

Straight-of-grain binding is cut at a 90 degree angle to the other straight-of-grain (crosswise or lengthwise; there are 2 straight-of-grains in fabric). Cutting the fabric at 135 degrees means cutting 135 degrees from the straight-of-grain, which means you are cutting on the true bias (which is exactly between 90 degrees and 180 degrees).

Hope this is understandable!
Well I guess I may have worded it wrong. She has the binding made but its going on to the table runner with a 135 degree corners. On a regular binding you take it off the machine and turn it then start again where this you don't end and start you just keep going but there was special instructions on how to sew it on. Would you possibly know how to do that?
Thanks for the other instructions though. I'm going to print that out and hang on to it for future projects.
Thanks again