Thread: Gluten free
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by judy5cents View Post
Be cautious about "gluten free" foods, they can be very high in carbohydrates as they are typically made with corn starch, tapioca starch, potato starch which are all high on the glycemic index. Check out Wheat Belly Blog and Gourmet Girl for recipes. I gave up wheat about 1 1/2 yrs ago and feel much better because of it.
Check out: marianutrition.com/Bio.html-
Maria has 7 books published with hundreds of recipes for gluten-free, sugar-free, delicious food. She doesn't use artificial sugar. She uses Truvia and Stevia and some other things. My daughter was having menstral cramps, and since she has been using Maria's recipes, they are gone. At camping last summer, she ate some things she knew were not on the GOOD list. Big mistake.

I have lost 30 pounds doing some of her things for about 2 years; not religiously, just most of the time. I wasn't even thinking about losing weight, but was surprised when I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office. (I was wondering why my slacks were getting too big for me. On to St. Vinney's for a whole new wardrobe!)

Her email is: [email protected]