Thread: Gluten free
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM
CAS49OR

I make peanut butter cookies. The recipe is just one cup sugar, one cup chunky PB and one egg. But I substitute 1/2 splenda and a small amount of honey or agave and add chopped peanuts. I think it bakes at 350 for about 10 minutes. I sometimes add some vanilla extract.

I make home made Reese's Cups using dark chocolate chips (much better for you than milk chocolate) and homemade or natural PB (not so much sugar). After you've baked something else just put them in the warm oven till the chips melt and take out and spread the chocolate. Keep refrigerated.
Layer chips in the bottom of a mini-cupcake paper, then fill about 3/4 with PB, (just drop it off the spoon and push down a little with your finger) then some more chips on top.

I make my own Almond Joy/Mounds mix the same way. Use the chips the same but put unsweetened coconut mixed with a little coconut milk or cream with a little honey on top of an almond in the middle.

btw I make my own PB too. Just grind whole roasted peanuts -- I sometimes add a spoon of honey and some grapeseed oil to the container to make it more like jar PB, then stir in some chopped roasted nuts to make it chunky.

Gluten free mixes and recipes usually ARE really full of simple carbs so it's best to learn to make your own, or adapt the recipes you find.