Thread: Gluten free
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
mariatherese

I rarely eat gluten because I try to avoid starch and processed carbohydrates. I do this for health reasons (not to loose weight, I'm of slender constitution). But I do have a sweet tooth.

I do a sugar free ice cream (some artificial sugar in it but not much) and I do a totally sugar free panacotta (don't know if that's the word for it).

It's not going to be cheap recipes though since the cost of cream in the States is about 7 times what I pay for whole cream here in Sweden.
Anyway:
Ice-cream
3 eggs
3 dl cream
1 dl of frozen raspberries (or any kind of fruit or berries you'd like)
A small amount of some sugar replacement. I don't give the amount because they can be quite different in how sweet they taste.

Separate egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until hard. Whip cream untill firm. Mix sugar egg yolks with berries and sugar replacement. Blend berry-mix with cream carefully and finally softly "turn" the egg whites into the cream/berry mix. Add to portion size containers and freeze.

Pannacotta:
2 dl of full cream
1.5 dl of Philadelphia chease
1 stick of vanilla
2 sheets of gelatin

Put the gelatin sheets in some cold water. Put the vanilla stick into the cream and let it come to a boil. Take out the vanilla stick and scrape out the vanilla seeds and add back to the cream. Let the gelatin sheets melt in the hot cream. Once it has cooled of some (still warm though) add the Philadelphia cheese and mix carefully. I usually divide it into four wine-glasses. I let it cool in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours. Add some fruit, or shredded chocolate or whatever to it before served.

I apologize for the metric measurements and my inability to use the correct words. English is not my native language.