View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM
ThayerRags

Congratulations! Another one of your wanted machines scratched off of your list! By looking at some of the other machines that your DH has cleaned up, I bet he’ll have it shined up nicely for you in no time. Are you going to use it as a portable or some other application?

All of this talk about 319s gives me a chance to show you my green 319W in a cabinet in the guest bathroom that I haven’t ever really looked over very closely. “Old Ugly”, my beige Singer 306W24, has kept me occupied so well that I haven’t had the urge to play with the 319 yet. (The first time my wife saw my rough-finish 306, she said “That thing’s ugly!) I’ll have to admit that the 319W is the prettier of the two, but I am interested in treadling, so the 306 fit my needs just fine. With good green matching cords and control, I’ll leave the 319 electric. My wife likes her Singer 401A(s) so well that I doubt she will ever bug me much to get the 319W up and running for her. That would be like trading down-hill for her anyway, so for now, it’s a convenient table to hold toiletries when the kids come to visit once in a while.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine327_05.jpg   machine327_06.jpg   machine483_18.jpg  

Last edited by ThayerRags; 01-25-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added a photo.