View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:07 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Born and raised in the Mid West, traveled to Alaska with dh and then to Texas where it was tooooo hot. I will take the cold weather of Mid West hands down. Dress in layers, long thermal underwear, cashmere sweaters, long sleeves to keep warm, cordory pants or cashmere slacks, double up on socks.

We live in a newer, all electric home that fails to keep us warm as the wind cuts through the house, and we lose heat through the doors and windows. We installed a propane gas heater in the main living area, use small space heaters in our bedrooms and sewing room. All are turned off at night, since they are not vented heating systems. I love cool weather, and I love snow. No, I am retired and I do not go out into the elements on a daily basis, I stay inside, cozy and warm. Comfort is first and foremost, each to their own. Dh is diabetic and must have warm feet...a great friend on QB sent him a 'hog warming pad' that keeps his feet cozy in his room at his computer. We cope very well with the cold.