View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
GreyQ

Default Greyhound Saga - motor & foot pedal

My Greyhound R out of Orange, MA came with a modern Kenmore foot pedal which obviously doesn't go with the machine and a Singer foot controller Part # 194588. The Singer's cord is in terrible condition and it's my own fault that I didn't immediately bag it. It left weird bits of hard icky stuff all over floor, then I set it on my ironing board for about 15 min. & black icky stuff seeped into ironing board so I have to recover it now. My bad. Re-wiring wouldn't be a problem but I don't know if this pedal will work with the New Home Greyhound. The end that connects to the motor is separated into 2 copper rings. The motor is a General Electric with a relatively new power cord (similar to the brown extension cords of the 70's) connected to the motor directly. I can't figure out how or where to connect a foot pedal. There is a end opposite the end that meets the wheel. Here's the motor badge and the end I'm looking at as a possible connection site. There is no plug area. there is nothing on the underside that I can see. I'm ordering a foot pedal wire and I want to get the right one. If the Singer pedal I have won't work for the New Home, I'd like to know what I should get instead. Would the copper rings maybe go under the screws on the inner side? (pic 3) I'm lost in the wilderness here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]460151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]460152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]460154[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20140202_02.jpg   20140202_05_01.jpg   20140202_08_01.jpg  

Last edited by GreyQ; 02-02-2014 at 11:53 AM.