Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Greyhound Saga - motor & foot pedal >

Greyhound Saga - motor & foot pedal

Greyhound Saga - motor & foot pedal

Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 AM

BTW - DH and I are planning on a trip to the Twin Cities this weekend (Saturday) maybe we could swing by and take a look in person and point out some of these things to you. Way easier than trying to explain over the internet. I think once you know what is being talked about, it is within you ability. I most certainly don't say that about a lot of people - where electricity is concerned!

We don't have any "schedule" to keep this time, and hopefully no storms will show up to change that LOL!!

I should have my 3/4 New Home, and can bring that with so we can compare the two machines. I love learning more about them, and visually looking at them seems to be the best way.

PM me if you are interested. We could meet for breakfast - we stopped at the Hy-Vee last time and planned on doing the same this time.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 AM

What could be better!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:15 AM

Maybe I'll turn this into a hand crank. 1st order of business is to order some parts from SewClassic. No, the 1st order of business is to get the 2 bottom screws back in the motor casing. The top 2 screws went back fine but I'm having a terrible time finding the tiny hole on the opposite side for the bottom 2. It is just puttsy, frustrating but just puttsy. Great advice and big thanks to all of you for your patience. I know the other beginners appreciate your help, too.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
BTW - DH and I are planning on a trip to the Twin Cities this weekend (Saturday) maybe we could swing by and take a look in person and point out some of these things to you. Way easier than trying to explain over the internet. I think once you know what is being talked about, it is within you ability. I most certainly don't say that about a lot of people - where electricity is concerned!
We don't have any "schedule" to keep this time, and hopefully no storms will show up to change that LOL!!

I should have my 3/4 New Home, and can bring that with so we can compare the two machines. I love learning more about them, and visually looking at them seems to be the best way.

PM me if you are interested. We could meet for breakfast - we stopped at the Hy-Vee last time and planned on doing the same this time.
I better clean my house!!!!! Which means moving the piles of projects into a different order and shutting the doors to the other rooms. I am the world's worst housekeeper and usually make people sign a state secrets paper before they can come in. Yes, I run a disorderly house. You are welcome any time, as long as you keep you don't mind a big mess.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 AM

me mind a mess? I stopped seeing the one in my own house long ago! Besides, when I see older sewing machines, I don't "see" anything else! That is why it does not bother me to have them all over the place.

Just this morning I had to go the long way around to get to my dressing room - I had moved my New Home and blocked the door to the bedroom without realizing it (I was using the door to the hallway). Wasn't real fun at 5am when it's cold and my clothes is in the room down the hall LOL!!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 AM

UPDATE: The plug blocks came from Sew Classic. And this morning I got the Greyhound humming along with a 2 minute foot pedal re-wire. A big thanks to Joe for the picture of the plug block! I had no clue about that and it was the complete solution to the problem. Big thanks to all for your help & hand holding!!! WooHOO!!! Now, I have to keep cleaning & oiling, check the needles & stitches and work on balancing it in the box. I think some felt will even it up & cushion it so it doesn't bounce. It seems the holes for the hinges aren't even. Just a little tweaking but I am so happy for a simple fix!!!! The case also came back and it looks very good. I am amazed at how solid it is, not perfect but not going to fall apart. The one end was off & fortunately I had it in a bag because the other end fell off, too. The glue had dried out. So happy!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 PM

Grey,

Glad my pics could help.

Joe