Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
gale

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I'm using a bay of one of our garages now, and have been for 3 years. I have just now started to organize it so that the space is used more efficiently. Also, I now know that the concrete floor is impossible to keep clean. Even after I sweep or vacuum, there is dust on it, and, of course, my quilts find it or it finds them.

DH and I went to Lowes and bought a 12 x 14 piece of vinyl flooring and rolled it onto the floor. We put double sticky tape on the ends to hold it down. It's lighter in color than the cement floor, and looks so much better!

Best of all, I can use a dust mop to clean up the lint! I even bought a 'special' dust mop that will only be used in there. DH thinks I'm nuts, but I told him that he doesn't have to understand why I bought it, he just has to NEVER use it anywhere but on that vinyl floor. When he 'borrows' things, I usually have to hunt for them because he forgets to put them back where he found them. We all know that I've never done that with his stuff - yeah, sure, LOL!

I'm lucky that the garage is both heated and air conditioned, has a full sized window and the walls are finished. There's even a full bath in the garage. If I put a bed, a dorm fridge and a microwave in it, I could lalmost live in it.
Get some hot pink duct tape and put some strips of it around your new dustmop. That way there's never a question about who it belongs to and where it is to be used. Men forget.