Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 AM
Katster

Default Tana Lawn Quilts

Hi,
I have used Liberty's Tana lawn exclusively in two completed quilts. One was hand quilted, one machine quilted with a long arm. The machine quilted quilt is our TV room quilt and has been used quite heavily by my husband, Labrador, and Boston Terrier for the past 5 years. It goes in the machine about once a month and I hang it to dry. It still looks perfect, no sign of wear.
The tight weave keeps it from being damaged by doggie claws.

The hand quilted, hand pieced Wedding Ring is more delicate, I guess, and is in a guest room. It is a double wedding ring quilt and I did make the mistake of using Tana lawn white as the background so some of the seams show when held up to the light. I also made the mistake of using lawn on front and back which makes for difficult hand quilting. It has been washed several times. My next hand quilted lawn quilt is a lovely Dresdan Plate and I used a Kaffe fabric on the back to help with the hand quilting. I've made two other scrap quilts ready to be machine quilted and am machine piecing a Burgoyne Surrounded using a Moda Bella Solid for my white background to help hide seams and for ease of hand quilting.

Hope this helps,
Kathryn