View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
Yay!! When i broke my ankle my dd cut sock and sewed ties on ot to tie behind foot to stay on, it was white so she drew duck face on it! Ha ha! I live in N Mich so understand bout cold toes!!
That's a good idea about the ties. He opted to stay home today so we haven't tested the cold yet, but we have a couple of appointments to keep later in the day. I guess I'm playing chauffeur. We'll have a good idea if we need a warmer solution by the end of the day.

Originally Posted by Gerbie View Post
Have you thought about getting some of the socks that have the non skid so to speak rubber dots on them, would that work over the cast and make it so perhaps there is no slipping? Just a thought.
I had thought of those, but the cast is so very wide, I've never seen socks that wide. I will try to go into Mark's WorkWearhouse and see what they have. They do workwear so maybe they have size gargantuan...

Originally Posted by Digger View Post
the web site "sewmamasew" has a free pattern for fleece socks which looks easy and should be warm. You can buy non-slip pads to apply to the sole
Thanks Digger! I'll check that out momentarily!