View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Jim's Gem

Hello everyone. I am finally among the land of the living. Had the flu for 10 days and it was no fun!!! I did lose a few pounds. Glad at least something good came from it!!!
Now if I can just keep losing and not gain any of those pounds back.
I was bad this afternoon and ate some potato chips. But this evening my tummy is not happy and so I skipped dinner. I think I will go to bed soon as I am very tired.
I finally started quilting my DD#2's quilt. It is 100 x 111. I am FMQ'ing a rose meander all over the whole thing. I started Tuesday, am on my 10th bobbin and am over 3/4 of the way done. Probably a little more. I am way to sleepy to work on it tonight but my goal is to finish quilting this beast by tomorrow afternoon. I have been putting off quilting this thing for months cause I knew it was going to be a bear. It is going much better than I thought. I am working on a domestic size Bernina with a BSR foot. I take frequent breaks so as to not kill my back and shoulders. I am not having to wrestle with it as much as I thought. I installed "barriers" around my sewing desk to keep it from falling over the side and that has helped. I used some "Quick Grip" clamps, some chairs pushed up at the edge and even a box that my new cutting board was shipped in. I started this quilt about 3 years ago and have time and again put it aside. I plan to hang it in our guild show in April, our Church Mother's day "show" in May and maybe even enter it in the fair. Then it will go to my middle daughter.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!