Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

On February 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On February 28th, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not precentage lost. I will announce the winner on March 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay postitive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}

February brings us closer to spring, hopefully not as many frozen days. So lets see how we can play with some Brights FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be apart of the PRIZE adventure is February 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Remember if you sent your FQ's in advance, you still need to sign up on the new thread.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm in for February!

I'm in for February, too.

I'm in for February! I'll PM you for your address.

I'm in for February.
    Teddybear Lady
    Debbie

Blog Entries
    I'm in again. No need to PM you my loss only 1 pound. I guess that is better than going the other way.

I'm in again as well. I have no loss for January.

I'm in for February and have PM'd you with my loss - not much, but 4 pounds is GONE!!!!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Count me in again.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Where is everyone? been very quiet since I posted the thread
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm in for February. Starting my month off sick, so I must have a loss this month!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

5 Myths about Exercise and Aging

Myth 1: Thereís no point to exercising. Iím going to get old anyway.
    Fact: Exercise and strength training helps you look and feel younger and stay active longer. Regular physical activity lowers your risk for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimerís and dementia, heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, high blood pressure, and obesity.
    Myth 2: Older people shouldnít exercise. They should save their strength and rest.
    Fact: Research shows that a sedentary lifestyle is unhealthy for adults over 50. Inactivity often causes older adults to lose the ability to do things on their own and can lead to more hospitalizations, doctor visits, and use of medicines for illnesses.
    Myth 3: Exercise puts me at risk of falling down.
    Fact: Regular exercise, by building strength and stamina, prevents loss of bone mass and improves balance, actually reducing your risk of falling.
    Myth 4: Itís too late. Iím already too old to start exercising
    Fact: Youíre never too old to exercise! If youíve never exercised before, or itís been a while, start with light walking and other gentle activities.
    Myth 5: Iím disabled. I canít exercise sitting down.
    Fact: ChairĖbound people face special challenges but can lift light weights, stretch, and do chair aerobics to increase range of motion, improve muscle tone, and promote cardiovascular health.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Love the exercise excuses Cindy. Have heard some of them by friends. The worst part about exercise is finding the time - I can always use that excuse - don't have the time! I need to make a change in my lifestyle that includes some time for exercising.
    Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Love the exercise excuses Cindy. Have heard some of them by friends. The worst part about exercise is finding the time - I can always use that excuse - don't have the time! I need to make a change in my lifestyle that includes some time for exercising.
    I so agree with you there, finding time seems to be the hardest but if it were important as we want it to be we would make the time. LOL. I know that is true for me.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Hey Cindy, did you ever receive my FQs for Jan/Feb/March? I think I remembered to put my real name and my board name on the package - Cathy/Bilben

Blog Entries
    Hello everuyone, count me in please.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
    Hey Cindy, did you ever receive my FQs for Jan/Feb/March? I think I remembered to put my real name and my board name on the package - Cathy/Bilben
    Yes I did get yours, I thought I mentioned, it on the January thread. Sorry if I missed it.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

January winner is Pam H with 8 lbs lost. Congratulations Pam.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Pam H that is awesome.

Congratulations to all the losers in January. That seems to be the easiest month to lose weight - what with everyone's new year resolutions, and all, so now the fun begins. Keep losing in February and March etc. Eat healthy and keep hydrated.
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    We had rain, sleet and snow last night. I think we have 5 inches of snow with ice underneath. School is out again. We will be making up days all summer. I don't plan on leaving the house all day. I really need to get to the LQS, I want some wool batting. The LQS will be closed too. I need to get this one quilted by the 18th. No time to go the rest of the week.
    Cindy I love the exercise excuses. I am sooooooo guilty of most of them. We need to schedule our exercise time. I need to remember that I am important and need to care for myself so I can care for others.
    Everyone stay warm. Watch what you eat. Make time for yourself every day.

Hello strangers! I hope you will let me sign up to give away a FQ even though I'm a little bit late. Sorry about dropping off the planet lately, not sure why. Congrats to those who have been sliding downward. Do any of the rest of you get a chuckle at hearing congratulations for losers, or am I just weird???

My biggest excuse for not exercising is not wanting to break that law of intertia: An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force . . . apparently my unbalanced mind is not forceful enough to get my butt moving.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    So funny lauriejo. Right now it is so cold outside that the puppy won't even go out to use the bathroom. It dropped to -1 here, not the norm. Who wants to move in the cold. I started exercising and pulled the main muscle in the buttocks. Does that hurt. Now I get to go to massage therapy and if that doesn't help wring the soreness, then to acupuncture. Working hard at staying on track for my goal of 10 pounds this month, March, and April. So by the time end of April is here, I will look good enough in shorts when I go to Disneyland with daughter. Do not want her to have a heavy mother to drag around with her friends. I get to chaperone. Well I need to get to work, thanks for the chuckle lauriejo.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Pam H! That is a great loss amount. Way to stick with it or is that loose it.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    Hello strangers! I hope you will let me sign up to give away a FQ even though I'm a little bit late. Sorry about dropping off the planet lately, not sure why. Congrats to those who have been sliding downward. Do any of the rest of you get a chuckle at hearing congratulations for losers, or am I just weird???

My biggest excuse for not exercising is not wanting to break that law of intertia: An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force . . . apparently my unbalanced mind is not forceful enough to get my butt moving.
    lauriejo....of course you can join in. Just let me know if you need my mailing address.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast