View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Fritzy

It's been very interesting reading all about how the quilts are used & not used. I have made memory quilts for all my nieces & nephews when they've graduated from high school & I know just about all of them are being used. The last of my niece's to graduate wasn't sure if she wanted a memory quilt so I was going to make a different one. Her sister told her you have to have a memory quilt they are so neat so she did get one. I have made many quilts for weddings, anniversaries, babies, friendships etc. & have heard that they just love them & use them all the time. When I give the person a quilt I tell them that it isn't perfect but it was made with a lot of love & I want them to use it. Some are getting worn out but at least I know they are enjoying them. Now when any of them are getting married or having babies they know they will be getting a quilt & look forward to it. I also let our dog sleep with us & if the quilt gets dirty I figure it's washable. I do protect it though when the muddy season is around. I'm pretty selective when I make a quilt for someone & a few of my cousins have been recipients but they are the ones that I know will appreciate a quilt. Now if only I could catch up on all the ones I have to do!