View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Rubesgirl

I got lucky. Someone advertised an 1130 for $500. Checked it out and it looked like new. It had been her MIL's and when she passed, the machine just sat for a year or so because the DIL didn't sew. She just wanted to get rid of it. It came with about 20 presser feet, attachments and other things, extension table, the original warranty card (owner's copy) from 1990, the original manuals and bobbins. I took it to my local Bernina dealer to get it serviced and he was astonished at what great shape it was in. He said that there were a couple springs he'd like to replace when he serviced it next time but otherwise there was nothing wrong with the machine at all after he cleaned and oiled it. The service cost me $85. What a great deal! I LOVE this machine. It's a true workhorse with a powerful motor. I have not regretted one penny I spent for it and after looking at the prices for the new machines, I would much rather keep this one running rather than pay thousands for a new model. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it sews a beautiful straight quarter-inch seam, effortlessly! :-)