View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 AM
LucyInTheSky

My first quilt was a small end-of-the-bed runner, made without any formal instruction on how to make a quilt (and it turned out pretty well, all things considered). I made it for my sister who as soon as I said I wanted to quilt said "I want a quilt!!!" x 1,000,000. So I gave it to her, and she was all excited, until she realized it wasn't a "real" quilt. Then it went on her floor (and everything she owns seems to live on her floor... her bathroom is a room full of crumpled clothes ... every so often we find a sink).

Anyway, so she gets back to complaining about wanting a quilt. So I make a fast quilt of 2.5" strips for her, since I know this is going to end up on the floor, since this is what she does.

A few days later, it ends up on her floor. A few weeks later, it's ROLLED UP BEHIND HER BEDROOM DOOR! So I finally took it back to my house to wash and re-iron, and I ended up keeping it. So it's been living at my house with my other quilts for the last 6 months, and ya know what, I don't feel bad.