View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Pam H

Here's how we can take care of the excuses for not exercising!

[h=1]Solid Solutions for Exercise Excuses[/h]
[TABLE="align: left"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Today, I'm helping you find solutions to five common exercise excuses. Use these strategies to create a manageable, realistic fitness routine that works for your life.
Excuse #1: The only time I can work out is in the morning, but it's hard to get my act together so early in the day.
Solution: Assemble your workout clothes, sneakers, gym bag, and snack (an orange or banana will do) the night before so everything is ready and waiting for you in the morning.
Excuse #2: It's raining.
Solution: Keep a workout video or two on hand, invest in a home exercise machine and some free weights (or soup cans!), or just walk up and down the stairs for 15 minutes.
Excuse #3: I'm too tired.
Solution: Drink some coffee or splash cold water on your face and commit to doing a five-minute workout. Chances are, five minutes of movement will be all it takes to motivate you to do another five, then another, and so on.
Excuse #4: I'm not losing weight — why bother?
Solution: Remind yourself that you're exercising not only to lose weight but to improve your health, your balance, your flexibility, your strength, and your mood.
Excuse #5: I'm bored.
Solution: Switch it up: Try a new piece of equipment at the gym, change your running route, alternate your activities, get an exercise buddy, join a group, take a class, buy an audio version of your favorite book...