View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 PM
ArchaicArcane

thanks gmcsewer... I think here with all the snow the wheels might be problematic. DH clearly didn't think it through when he decided to be in a cast in the winter. Lots of things would have been easier without the snow.

What I have done so far is make him this "sock" that can go inside the cast and cover his toes. So far, he's over heating still due to the swelling though. (I'll spare you the emergency room photo of the 5cc of liquid still in his toe that the doctor had to drain. )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461775[/ATTACH]

I picked up a few stitches at the beginning (almost 10 of them somehow) which I think is where the wave came from, then joined them together as I went along. I'm pleased since it may be the first knitted project I've ever finished, and it doesn't look like I dropped any stitches. This was knitted flat and stitched together into a seam. I ended up switching from double pointed needles to "Regular" ones part way through when I started finding stitches falling off the back end while I was trying to work on the front end, but other than that, it seemed easier than I remember when I was a "kid".
Attached Thumbnails sockqb.jpg