Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM
PlanoDebbie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461880[/ATTACH]Here is a picture of the band uniform before I did anything to it.

I spent 5 hours tonight working on this project, and finally finished the first one!!! I started with a 13" block cut from the center of the uniform. Since there is very little red, I wanted to get as much included as possible. I ironed fusible interfacing to the back of the piece. Next I cut a piece from the sleeve where the school name was stitched to it. After I stitched it down to the main block, I added the silver trim around to cover the stitching. The silver trim was salvaged from the collar of the uniform. Next I added the collar tabs on the side and top. Using the sleeves, I ironed fusible interfacing to them and cut them into 4" strips. These became the outer border for the pillow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]461882[/ATTACH]

After the front of the pillow was done, I had to figure out what to use for the back. The back of the jacket was long enough to work, but wasn't wide enough. I cut off one leg of the pants and split it in half length-wise. Half of each pant leg was then added to the sides of the jacket back. Since the back of the jacket already had a 16" zipper and heavy duty snaps, I wanted to use that for the reverse side of the pillow. It worked out perfect! Here's a picture of the back of the pillow all zipped up. Then, you can see it un-zipped with my red pillow peeking out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461883[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]461884[/ATTACH]

Well, there you have it! How did I do on my very first ever Band Uniform Pillow??? I have one more to make, then I'm done. Whew! So glad to finally have this UFO done.
Attached Thumbnails photo-4-.jpg   photo-5-.jpg   photo-8-.jpg   photo-6-.jpg   photo-7-.jpg