View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM
LynnVT

I am very fortunate to live in a small country town surrounded by good fabric shops. Country Treasures, a jam packed quilt shop is only a mile from my house. Tons of great fabrics, pleasant, helpful owner and employees - nearly everything I need right nearby. About ten miles west of me is Water Wheel Quilts which has less fabric, but a bright, modern theme and again, great people. Ten miles south of me is Quilt-Away, another great shop with lots of batiks, novelties, and other fabrics. Good advice available there too, and quite a few good bargains. Ten miles to the east is Frank's, a discount fabric shop with a variety of upholstery, knits, quilt fabrics and notions all at reduced prices. Not far from there is Four Pines Quilts, a small shop in New Hampshire (no sales tax on anything). Good thread selections, some nice fabrics, notions, and more great advice from the owners, a mother and son team. WalMart in that town has some yardage. There are three JoAnn's around me, each about a 45 minute drive in different directions, two of which are in tax-free New Hampshire. So basically I'm in fabric heaven here.