Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Stores and YOU >

Quilt Stores and YOU

Quilt Stores and YOU

Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 AM

Portland driving can be a challenge.
If I knew where you were coming from I could likely find you a less stressful way to get there.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 AM

RainTree Quilting in Juneau, AK. I moved from Juneau a year ago, and I miss RainTree! The owner is such a great lady, not to mention a great help (she was fabulous with color choices!), and she had beautiful fabrics. Also, she fully understood when I didn't want to buy anything, but just needed to 'smell the fabrics.' And I just loved her employee Deb.
If you ever find yourself in Anchorage, AK, there is a place called The Quilt Tree - also fabulous! I once needed 32 fat quarters cut from bolts for a friend's project and they did it with not even a nasty look - God love them!
However! I now live in PA, and have a new favorite happy place in the name of Mill Creek Sewing. They have beautiful fabrics AND the nicest people work there!
Sigh....I love quilt shops.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
Mine is Fabric Depot in Portland, OR
it is so huge and has just about everything you could ever want.
I've shopped at Fabric Depot numurous times when I get to Portland. It's been awhile but it is an amazing place. Closer to home I like Greenbaums in Salem and Boersma's in McMinnville.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 AM

Hamel's had a large selection...but the postage on orders under $200 is high.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 AM

We really need a fabulous quilt shop in Winnipeg, don't we?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:30 AM

A good Canadian online quilt shop is Sew Sisters. Free shipping if order is over $100. which is not hard to do! My favorite shop to go to is Katja's Quilt Shop in Kamloops, BC. Its a wonderful shop with a great selection of all kinds of quilty stuff.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:03 PM

I can only pick one? I live in South Texas, but I don't have any "favorites" here, just ones that I prefer. My favorites are:

Ryco trim in Rhode Island, because it's in an old mill and has pretty much everything you could ever want, for great prices.

Colchester Mill in CT, because...ok I have a thing for old buildings. But the ladies that work there are terribly friendly, always helped with whatever I was stuck on and one time I was lusting after a particular fabric line that was coming soon and they ordered it.

Fabric Mart on Oahu, the one in Aiea because I liked the enormous warehouse that was full of fabric, the huge clearance area and the great prices on everything that wasn't on sale.

Kaimuki Dry Goods on Oahu because they had loads of local fabrics.