View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Sandygirl

Default Rowenta Eco iron review

since Rowenta seems to be on the " do not buy" list...i thought that I would share my very preliminary use of the new iron. Of course, time will tell if it passes the longevity test. I have had it for two weeks. I purchased it because I was very happy with my old 22 year old Rowenta. It recently gave up.

I don't use steam a lot but I do want the function. There is an attached "cap" that closes up where you pour the water into the iron. I thought that was neat. The opaque green reservoir allows you to see the water level. Nice!

I love the steam! It sizzles in a good way! My complexion will improve I predict! Sauna steam! I can go from "dry" to immediate steam in the switch of the adjustment. Very responsive. No spitting.

the auto-off does not totally go "off". The plate stays warm on a low heat. It heats back up pretty quick.

The directions do say to unplug the iron when done using it. I do that any way. I found it interesting for it to be warm to the touch when dormant. My old one (Rowenta) went cold. Unplug it. No on/off that I could see. I could be wrong. Just unplug it.

i do adhere to the water parameters as outlined in the owners manual.

Not as heavy as my old one but it still has weight. I like a large, substantial iron.

1700 watts. My old one was 1200watts.

Has a "self cleaning" function. That could be interesting to test. So far I have not.

funky green color. I like it. Green is my favorite color too.

There is a split nose in the front point...not sure what to call it, which my other one did not. Should be great for corners, garment, etc. The manual refers to it as the "high precision tip".

I hope this initial review is helpful.
Sandy