Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta Eco iron review >

Rowenta Eco iron review

Rowenta Eco iron review

Old 10-15-2014, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
I had not heard that Rowenta was on the "do not buy list". I always thought they were a good name. What seems to be the problem?

Tongue in cheek....some quilters have had issues with Rowenta irons. Sputtering, leaking, etc. I use whatever the recommended water is as in the owners manual.

Sandy
Old 10-15-2014, 05:38 AM

I'm on the "do not buy Rowenta" list. I bought one, it fizzled, they replaced it, and that fizzled 2 weeks after the warranty went out. As well at Rowenta, I refuse to buy anything made by Cuisinart. Their products just do not hold up!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

When I had cats that jumped on the ironing board, I would unplug the iron and set it on the floor when I was done using it.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:11 AM

My first Rowenta did the sputtering/leaking bit. Then it died (probably 2 years old) in a spectacular steaming, whining display and POP! it was done. Funny though, I had bought a used Rowenta at a silent auction for the charity drive at work. It had nasty brown gunk on the sole plate and I paid $1.00 for it. I cleaned the sole plate with iron cleaner and kept it for a backup. Of course when the other one died it became primary. The was probably 5 years ago and it has worked perfectly and is still going strong. I buy the gallon jug of "spring water" to use in it, as we have very hard water.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:29 PM

I have a new Rowenta, and I like it very much. Since we have softened water, I too buy spring water to use in it. I also find that if I keep the steam switch open to full steam, it uses the water up very quickly, so I keep it halfway open. I have to say that I never noticed that the iron stayed warm after the auto shutoff engages. I believe mine goes completely cold, but it is very quick to reheat. One thing that I did notice was that you have to move the iron around after you turn it on from the off position or it doesn't heat. Maybe this happens only when the auto shutoff engaged before I shut it off. I'll have to check.