Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Sew Freak

I have two such place; a craft(sewing) room in the basement, and my orig.sewing room that is the small bedroom. The craft room came about when I needed more room to assemble a quilt. DH made me a 4x8 table and laminated formica on it. The sewing room in the small bedroom is fine for general sewing and putting together the quilt top but I have no cabled tv in there. So one night while watching NCIS and working on a nightgown for my little GD I would attach the sleeve with pins while watching my program, then run to the sewing room and sew it in place during the commercial then run back to the tv room and pin the other sleeve in place during the program….then run back to the sewing room and sew that sleeve in place during a commercial…then run back to the tv room…pin one side….etc…etc…etc… Well I got tired of sewing like that so I asked my DH if he any ‘scrap’ (as in wood) material that he could put together a small table for me so I could use it in the tv room. He did. He made me a 38” x 22” which table ALL from scrap wood….oh…except for a 1x4x4” piece of wood he had to buy because he didn’t have one. But he painted it white and I just luv it! It is small enough not to take up so much room and yet big enough to comfortably sew quilt blocks and make garments. On one end he put me utensil hanger from Ikea. It has what looks like a towel bar that is screwed in place and then you put plastic square containers that sit in metal hangers that hang on the bar. (maybe I can get my DD to take a pic to show you). And that hanger system is pretty much all that is needed to hold the most sewing tools I need to sew with. I do sometimes have to make a trip to the sewing room but my little table is just fine. Oh yeah, in answer to your question: I sew in another place but I have a lot of my stuff for my current project at hand. Good Luck to you getting organized!