View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:50 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
I would like to ask the Canadian quilters, if there are any Canadian online stores. The prices of the U.S. online stores are fabulous, unfortunately by the time shipping and handling is added on, the savings are soon eaten up. I would like to order from Canada too. I occasionally order from the U.S. and will keep ordering if it is something that I can not get here and there is a fair bit of that. Thank you!

There are a lot of online stores here in Canada. Though I have not spotted any with super wonderful pricing, especially when you add in the shipping fees. That's often what kills it as being desirable.

I don't online shop as I like touchy-feely to know what I am getting for quality of fabric, colour, scale of design etc. Instead I keep an eye out as to what different LQS' specialize in re fabrics, notions, etc. While it may not be available to me locally, I know where I am most likely to find it when I want it. If it's a distance, I will phone/email ahead to check on the probability, to make sure.

Yes indeed, check out The Marsh Store, definitely worth the drive (wherever you are from). A big selection and if you don't see it, ask ... as you can easily miss something that is there. They know their stock and can usually put their hands on it. While they aren't an online store, they are very obliging. I once spotted a few fabrics on their website that I wanted and they sent me some better pics. I ordered, and they shipped them to me.