View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Mizkaki

Blackberry,

Unfortunately this case won't fit the 99 or Spartan. The bottom is not deep enough. The undersides for the 99 and Spartans are deeper than the 28s and 128s.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
Yesterday I wrote a post asking if anyone knew about a Singer with a Serial # Beginning with JC. Well, thank you all for you info. Today I went back to the estate sale and the machine was still there. We did a closer inspection and found that the machine needed a lot of work and new electrical wiring. The price on the machine was $85. Actually, I was most interested in the Dome Wooden Case. I talked to the manager of the estate sale and asked if I could put in a very low bid because I just wanted the case. Here in the KC area, the price for estate sale items goes to 50% off on the last day of the sale at noon. Since I told him I would not even pay the 50% price but wondered if I could put in a much lower bid and if the item didn't sell at the 50% off price could I buy it. He went with me to look at the machine and I showed him the electrical problems and all of the work and extra costs that would be involved, so he said how about $25 today. Well, I figured the case was worth that even if we couldn't get the machine to work so we purchased it. The machine appears to be the same size as the 99K or the Spartan. It really is a very cute little machine and the face plate and back plate have a beautiful floral/leaf design. Here are some pictures I took while my DH was taking it apart for repair and cleaning. It was so very dry and I am sure had no grease either. I am hoping we can rewire the motor and replace the cords to the pedal and light.