View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Bneighbor

I attended a John Deer event last year and enjoyed it very much. We did quite a few projects, I think seven in all. His events are non-machine specific, so what brands the dealers sell is what you would use. Ours happened to be a Baby Lock, Janome and one other I can not recall. We did learn quite a few different techniques. Learning about stabilizers and uses, thread type and hooping was very informative. There were huge discounts on embroidery designs, not only his, but 3 or 4 companies he distributes. He also uses and sells his own brand of software. I signed up for his digitizing workshop (also not brand specific) and this was not not cheap, but I think will be well worth it. But what I did get from the class was meeting other embroidery fans and sharing ideas. Sometimes we see one thing and others may see it different. And sharing techniques, maybe someone has a better-easier-economical way of doing something. I have done 2 Floriani eventsand one Anita Goodesigns event. I have another Anita Goodesigns scheduled next month. I find I learn something at every event.