Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
I changed from coffee to tea - green and orange pekoe or black - with lemon and/or honey. I only drink coffee when I go to IHOP or other coffee shop. I found tea to be more refreshing and calming. At home I add lemon juice to my water for variety. I'm feeling better and have fewer headaches ... not sure it's related but something I've noticed.
The coworker who gave me the tea said the same thing - she stopped coffee two weeks ago and sleeps better, feels better, and doesn't get that "crash" from coffee.

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
What about sprinkling in powdered skim milk? Just dry. I use a teaspoon or less of plain powdered whitener once a day. When I get coffee out, I use milk. This is of course for people without lactose intolerance issues or food sensitivities. Mr. Stitchnripper can't have dairy, not because of the lactose but because it gives him migraines. So, he drinks one of the other "milks", like almond or rice. Can't have soy either, same thing.
I did try soy a year ago, for about two weeks, then all of a sudden I got really, really sick, so I stopped and felt better after a few days. Not sure if it was a shock to my system or what but I'm pretty apprehensive about trying the others now.

Originally Posted by Diannia View Post
I have never liked the taste of coffee but love the smell of it brewing. I think because that is what I smelled when I was little and I'd wake up in the morning. I'd smell the coffee and hear my mom and dad talking and I knew all things were right in the world. Anyway, I'm a tea drinker. I recently went into a store called Teavana and it's owned by Starbucks...I will only drink tea I purchase from them from now on...call me a tea snob if you must! It's fantastic tea. Now if I could just switch from Splenda to something better for me...sigh.
Teavana is such an interesting place! I love the teapots but they are ridiculously expensive, at least for me. But I go in there myself.

So...I tried the green tea, all by itself, and I loved it! I actually stopped at the store on the way home and bought some so tomorrow, I'll try my first tea day and see how that goes.