View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by Pam S
Thanks everybody for making me realize what a great husband I have. He doesn't seem like he's listening to me and then I get great gifts like quilting magazine subscriptions, scissors, quilting books, storage stuff - he really was listening. About 10 years ago when I decided I was tired of sewing on the old basic Kenmore I bought when I was in college, I told him I wanted a new machine for Christmas. He didn't go out and buy one. What he did was, unbeknownst to me, he visited a couple of dealers and came home with several brochures and DVDs of different machines. They were all high-end embroidery machines and when I protested that I just wanted a nice, basic machine that made decent buttonholes (my old one didn't make good ones) here's what he said: " When a man wants to cut down some trees in the backyard, he goes out and buys a chainsaw. He doesn't buy a cheap chainsaw; he buys the best darn chainsaw he can find even if he only plans to use it once. You sew all the time so why not but the best machine you can? Why do women always hate to spend money on themselves?"
So of course, I went out and bought the best darn chainsaw, I mean sewing machine, I could find and I loved it. I have since added 2 more machines and upgraded to the best darn serger I could find. The guy is a real keeper. Oh, and that same year he went online and bought me a large assortment (50 spools) of Isacord embroidery thread for that new machine without me even asking! And he sold his chainsaw because he doesn't use it anymore.
Your hubby is great! What a sweetie! :thumbup:

And Billy, you are, too! :-D