Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 AM
GingerK

Who says you have to cut your fabric into little pieces? There are many whole cloth patterns around. And for that matter, who says you have to do anything with the fabric in that bin--at least right now. Take a break from your sewing room and just let everything 'rest' for a while. An idea will come to you one day and you will know what your next endeavour will be.

Over the years I have taken many breaks. I no longer sew clothing because I just do not enjoy it. I have repurposed much of my clothing fabric--to the great joy of a few charities. I have a basket of batiks that I just cannot bear to cut up. They make me happy just as they are--for now--and that is okay with me. Someday I will find a way of using them that will also make me happy. I am in no hurry.

The one thing I have learned is that i will not like the result if I do not like the process. I am at the stage in my life that I want to do things that make ME happy. Right now it is working on my niece's wedding quilt because she is an awesome person who deserves my best attempt--not because it is something I SHOULD do.

Take a breath and relax. You don't have to decide anything today.