Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
THIS is why I feel so lost...I've tried all that has interested me and now I'm back to cross stitch, which is another long love - almost 30 years! - but I feel as though I need to grow into something else but I don't know what. I feel like I'm wandering in the craft world but don't know what to try next. I have been spending quite a bit of time in Pinterest and there are so many things that I love but nothing is making me sit up and say "THAT! That is what I want to do!" Geez, I hope I don't sound whiny, lol.
Gracious, you are aware, it is perfectly OK to not have a hobby? It is OK NOT to have something to do, that sometimes it is OK to just sit and look at pretty things? Why do you have to have a hobby? why do you have to have an interest right this moment that you spend all your spare time doing? Who's rules are those? Cause they need a punch in the nose

Why dont you just do what makes you happy today, today. And tomorrow, do what makes you happy tomorrow.... and for goodness sake give yourself permission that those two things can be different!

My guess, you are about to enter a growth phase in your life. So right now you are "looking" for the direction of the growth. You can either cause yourself a lot of angst and stress by worrying about what is going to happen. Or you can just let it go. Growth is important but if you force it, you will cause yourself unnecessary stress. Just enjoy life. Look at different crafts, see what sparks your interest. If nothing does.....well try something else? How about travel? what about geo-caching? or taking virtual trips? Bike riding? Nature walks? Museum visits? There is literally a world out there of interesting things, take this time to enjoy finding a new adventure

OH and I bought some fabric that I just couldnt cut up either, it was too pretty. I just put a couple borders on and quilted it on the gold lines Gave it to my mom, she loves it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]465820[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_06361_zpsb4d997f7.jpg