Old 03-05-2014, 01:25 PM
peaceandjoy

Gosh, your curtains are really cute. The buttons and rick rack really add a lot.

Have you looked @ Pinterest? There are tons of cute ideas for home decor, bags, chilldren's things... Many will have links to blogs with great tutorials.

I grew up sewing, long before rotary cutting. The one quilt I started with a ruler, pencil and scissors never did get finished. Then I moved on to counted cross stitch and have several nice pieces I completed.

From there I went to paper crafts and was even a Stampin' Up demonstrator for a few years. When I realized what I was spending, both time-wise and in money and accepted that they would usually end up in the trash (not scrap books, but cards and smaller paper projects), I quickly tired of doing it and got rid of most everything, giving most of it away. Oddly, I do miss it every now and again, especially when I get a gorgeous hand made paper item from a co-worker.

Lately, I've looked at my stash and just not felt like doing a thing. yet I will still shop, which is ridiculous. I think my creative juices have just ebbed at this point in my life; I am still working full time, have had a few health problems this year, and both of our daughters are going through their own issues - which saps my energy!

If you aren't enjoying the process, move on to other things that you do enjoy. Unless you are doing this for a business, it's not something you MUST do. Find other creative outlets you want to pursue - like the darling curtains you've shown us - and enjoy those.