View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 06:51 AM
carolstickelmaier

I do the same but then rinse with clear water after scrubbing. I use a narrow brush found at the local grocery store in cleaning supplies. It is hard work and can only do about 20 sq. feet at a time. I am hoping that some day I will get it all done at once and reseal it. My tile is ceramic with beige sanded grout. Don't like it much and have a lot of it. It is needed where I live as we are on a farm and the floor gets scrubbed once or twice a day. I am a barefoot girl and don't like dirty floors to walk on. My steam mop does a better job on the tile than the grout. It just does not get down in the seams very well. Scrubbing Bubbles does a nice job but be careful as when it is still wet it is very slick!

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I have a steam cleaner and it does a wonderful job on that film but, it doesn't immediately get the film up. Mine takes several times with the steam to finally lift the film. Mine is a shark steam cleaner. For the grout, about once a year I use scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush. I work in small sections and don't try to get it all done at once. When we moved into our house I had my husband convinced that the grout was brown. A few days later he mentioned, Why is it gray next to the wall? Oops.