Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
NanaCsews2

This reminds me of the sugar bag going from 5 lbs to 4 and the cereal boxes lasting a week that now last 3 days. It was funny and ironic to read this today! DH and I chuckled this past week when we went to the local large retailer to pick up TP and other bulk items. Didn't matter which one I picked up to look at in pricing or size, squeezing those rolls did not make them feel like they used to. (DH took the cart to another aisle, laughing histerically as it took me over 20 minutes to decide. I was merely trying to prove a point.) Couldn't have been a year or so ago our preferred brand was so much thicker and lasted longer than 2 days in our house. It costs the same for a package of TP that lasts a month as it does for a prescription medicine we can't do without. If we get down to our last dollars, it may be hard to choose.

As prices have gone up and sizes of products gone down, perhaps this is a way for the companies and stores to get the consumers shopping more often. We budget for the difference in price on a product we must have, but do we really go into the store for just a pkg of TP? Nope, usually pick up more. Who wins?

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 03-10-2014 at 07:42 AM.