Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
mhollifiel

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
I love Constant Comment tea and haven partially converted my coffee drinking husband. Don't forget that coffee drinkers are less likely to get Alzheimer's disease. I personally can only drink coffee if it doesn't taste like coffee so what's the point? I use Splenda to sweeten but have tried recently Blue Agave. BTW that is terrific to use on pancakes and waffles instead of syrup.
In January I had surgery for a gastric sleeve. My surgeon is wonderful and insists that I text him every day with my progress (activity level now - was blood sugar and pulse). As to sweeteners, he has forbidden all except for Stevia. He says that the others just make you crave more sweets. I have switched and have gotten used to the Stevia with no problems. But it could be just that the surgery causes you to lose all hunger for a while, sometimes forever, due to the very reduced stomach hunger hormone grenalin. I am also no longer diabetic and off all blood pressure meds. Weight loss is now 61 pounds but I lost 40 before the surgery in late January, not to even mention that I feel 20 years younger!