View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Sunflowerzz

This would be a huge factor for me because I plan on doing queen and king size spreads. So having an exposed belt would not be a great idea.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've done smaller projects on a 91 and a 90 (belted motor) with no problems - but I can imagine where not having the belt would be an advantage with larger quilts. I've gotten things wrapped up in motor belts before, and it isn't a pretty sight.

Not that you can't do it, just have to be aware and careful where your excess fabric is. I tend to leave everything unrolled and shove it around as needed - only having the area I'm working on smoothed out in front of me. I routinely knock over my thread spool holder, or knock my pins off the table next to me, or push other stuff off that I'm not even aware is in my way.

BTW - I've got two fully cleaned, rewired and working 15-91's that need new homes. I've used both for FMQ. One we fixed up for a lady, and then she changed her mind, and the other was my main FMQ machine until I bought the Silver one, and I don't have room for all of them. I also have my 15-90 in a case that I'll be keeping.