View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 11:53 AM
mpspeedy2

As a person who has made several hundred Linus Quilts I wouldn't bother with complicated piecing. If you already have blocks cut just maybe alternate a solid green with plain white and then a red until it is as big as you want it to be. The little label that we sew onto the finished blankets show Linus clutching a quilt to the side of his head while he sucks his thumb. Most of us had a child who did something similar with a favorite blankie or even a towel. The blankets are meant to comfort when a child is in a scarey location like the ER or a hospital room. I rarely do much if any piecing on my Linus quilts. I just use a childish print on the front and back it with flannel. I have gotten many letters from grateful parents that said the Linus blanket was just what was needed to help their child get through the most frightening time in their young lives. One lady even sent me a check for $50. I turned it over to our chapter for expenses like the printing of the tags we attach to each quilt etc. Ironically our chapter is located in a county outside of the Baltimore, Maryland area. We only have one hospital and we make sure they get more than 100 of our quilts each month. The rest of them go to the more numerous hospitals in the city of Baltimore. they are more than grateful.