View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 AM
minibarn

I would like to watch the videos but w/limited internet time it is hard.

Thanks for the ideas on rust removal, I will try that and resort to Evapo Rust if I need to, Harbor Freight is about an hour from me.

Miriam, where do I get a knob like that? I had a Singer hc that I liked but a friends little girl liked it, and used it, more so I sold it to them...I like knowing the next generation is enjoying sewing so I did not want to dampen that.
This friend has 6 girls and she is teaching them all sorts of hand and machine work...sewing, quilting, crochet, knit, embroidery etc. I wish I had learned that stuff earlier in life, but I'm glad I did even as an adult.

I went back to the same place today and got a Singer 99 that looks very good but it is missing it's slide plate, half the tensioner and the knobs on the stitch selector. Also, the cord going to the plug and been cut so there is no plug to test it with. I can treadle it to but it has the solid hand wheel so I would have to cut it to make it a hc. Cost $10 and it is in a pretty nice Singer full size bentwood case.

Thanks everyone,
Jp

Last edited by minibarn; 03-13-2014 at 09:59 AM.