View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
bstanbro

I made this for my husband for Christmas. I'm not happy with it because it is going to be too small for him. I made him a comforter out of two flat sheets when we were dating 40 years ago. He absolutely loved it to death, and it met with its death about a month ago. I promised him a new quilt. The old comforter had two layers of batting, and so it was really thick. I asked my quilter to do two layers of batting (if possible) and she said it was. Well, the problem is that the batting and the quilting combined to shrink the quilt from the size it was when I gave it to her, and now it is really too small. He'll tell me he likes it, but I know he won't. I guess the solution is to make another one for him, and to tie it myself rather than have it quilted. I really hate to tie because it is so tedious, but I want him to have a quilt he's happy with. So, with that intro, here is the quilt I made for him. I like it as a quilt, but not for him.

We are scuba divers, thus the tropical fish theme.

This is the top of the quilt, called Bonaire Dreams in honor of our favorite diving destination.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60058[/ATTACH]

This is the little fish label I made for it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60059[/ATTACH]

This shows the back of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60060[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60058.jpe   attachment-60059.jpe   attachment-60060.jpe