View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Macybaby

Got it all arranged now (and the cakes in the oven too).

Move the Pfaff 130 (in Singer cabinet) over and put the Embroidery machine on it. If I need lots of room, I can tuck DH's 201 in the cabinet and have a large surface area. And he can do the same if he needs lots of room, just move the embroidery machine to the table. This cabinet has a lot of storage underneath, I just have to move what is there somewhere else, and then this can hold the thread and embroidery supplies.

The 500 got moved to where the Pfaff 130 was, the cabinet is about the same size, and it holds my extra work area just fine. This will be nicer as it's much easier to get at the electrical outlet - and pick up things that I drop that roll under the cabinet. It wasn't too bad with the other one, just had to go around and open up the doors to get at the floor underneath.

Then we brought the trapezoid cabinet upstairs - eventually this will have the 319 installed, unless I decide to leave that one in the case and put a short bed two tone 301 in this one - the cradle came with the cabinet. I have a long bed 301, but have always sort of wanted a two tone short bed one. This cabinet is not as long as the 500, so I moved the table over about 5" to give me more room for the embroidery machine.

Moved stuff around in the dressing/machine room - moved the Domestic back to back with the Standard, and moved the White over to the wall, and then brought in the Parlor cabinet (Singer 115 "wings") to put under the window.

It's tight, but there is room enough to shift the machines so I can sew at them. And if I ever wanted to use one a lot, I'd swap it out with the Two Spool in the bedroom. I've got 22 machines in this room now.

And finally - the new Davis VF was moved into the library where the parlor cabinet was. I had picked up a WW top and drawers a while back, for like $10 for all (had no use for them at the time, but couldn't pass that one up). So now the WW top has a purpose. I think I'll make a frame and put the two drawers on this cabinet where it's missing them. I can always take them off if I ever get Davis ones.

Here is a better picture of the new Pfaff

I may not have time to play with her for a while, this is one of the busiest weeks of the year for me with my job, wrapping up all four budgets so they can be submitted for approval (at least only one is large, about 60 pages). On top of that, my Mom was put into the Hospice program on Saturday, and since this includes discontinuing use of the feeding tube, it won't take long. It's sad but it is most certainly time to let her go. I live five hours away, but have lots of siblings that are right there. Mom's been at home the whole time, and will stay there for her final days.