View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Sunflowerzz

Default Decided not to let this one get away...

Saw this one Sat. I went back today and bought the little New Home light running machine for 15.00. She is about 95% clean and intact so just a little cleanup and a new foot pedal and she should be purring right along. She has some really neat things going on too, like a cool bobbin winding arm that swings all the way back and forth under the hand wheel, her tension assembly is on the face plate, her light is up inside of the casting over the bed, she has a cool bobbin case release lever. I love levers on machines... Has a grease pot that is on the right side and she is wired differently than I have seen before. Well, here are the pics.

I then drove up to Redding with my iced caramel macchiato and picked up a really nice Golden Deluxe Touch and Sew 750 for 15.00 that still had all of her parts and is very clean. I love the touch and sews. I picked up a box of cams for her at another store on the way home and a few other boxes of goodies too. A nice older couple was downsizing and I looked at a treadle they had listed on CL with NO pictures because someone else did the ad for them, so I really had no choice but to go to their home and have a look see, it was in sad shape and so was the cabinet so I kindly said no and as much as I wanted to help them out I just couldn't do it.

This red seam ripper was in one of the boxes I brought home but I have never seen one with a metal rake on the other end. What IS that thing for? All in all it was quite a haul today. I really didn't NEED any of the items I found and brought home. My bad... I am so glad that my dear sweet hubby loves me unconditionally!
Attached Thumbnails img_5433.jpg   img_5435.jpg   img_5439.jpg   img_5447.jpg   img_5445.jpg  

img_5450.jpg   img_5451.jpg