Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Decided not to let this one get away... >

Decided not to let this one get away...

Decided not to let this one get away...

Old 03-21-2014, 05:37 AM

I'm a little skeptical of the semi-potted motor with the exposed friction drive too. The drive wheel diameter needs to be in a fairly narrow range to work, I haven't seen a way to adjust the contact pressure between the two wheels and you can't take the pressure off the wheel when you're not using it.
OTOH, it's a neat looking design and an interesting step in the evolution of these machines. Having an example around wouldn't be so bad. While I like my machines to run. I wouldn't need to run it all the time.
Rodney
Old 03-21-2014, 09:27 PM

I put a spongy soft piece of foam under the wheel to take the pressure off. I read that tip somewhere from a lady that has owned one for years. Once I get it cleaned up I will post test results on how it sews and sounds. I am very curious about this little machine.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I knew I was not crazy. My dear sister passed away about a year ago and my brother in law offered me her sewing machine. I was so excited because I remembered it being a Singer Golden Touch n Sew. Well, when I went to pick it up in June, although it was a Singer, it was a whole different model. My dear brother in law swears this is the only machine she had so I am assuming that she traded in the Touch n Sew in for this one as it is a newer model than that did not come out until she had been married for at least 15 years. Then I thought maybe I just did not remember right. So I looked up Singer Golden Touch n Sew on the web but could not find anything at all except regular Touch n Sew's so I thought maybe I was wrong and they did not exist. Please don't get me wrong, I love the machine that belonged to my sister because it was hers and it has lots of decorative stitches---I just thought I was going crazy--so thanks for getting that Golden Touch n Sew and posting a picture. I am going to go sew now with my sisters machine!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:13 PM

You are so welcome! Happy sewing and I am sure your sis is right there with you in spirit.